Recipes for pies with onions and mushrooms: how to cook in the oven and in a pan
Homemade baked goods will always delight family members. It is worth taking a little personal time to prepare fragrant pies for tea. A not quite traditional pie with mushrooms and onions will help diversify the diet and surprise households with an unusual taste. You can find a suitable cooking method on this page.
There are various recipes for pies with mushrooms and onions, in which potatoes and eggs, sour cream and cream, herbs and other ingredients can be added. You can cook such pies in the oven and in a skillet.
Homemade pie with mushrooms and onions in the oven
Let's start cooking homemade pie with mushrooms and onions in the oven by choosing the right products.
For the test:
- 1 kg of potatoes,
- 5 eggs,
- 1 kg of mushrooms (any, fresh),
- 60 g flour
- 200 g onions,
- 100 g sour cream
- 50 g butter
- 5 eggs,
- 100 g bread crumbs.
Cooking the filling. Peel fresh mushrooms, wash, finely chop. Peel the onion, fry in vegetable oil, mix with mushrooms, salt and pepper.
Simmer the whole mass over low heat with constant stirring. When the mushrooms start juicing, add sour cream and flour. Cool down.
Peel the potatoes, rinse, boil in slightly salted water, put in a colander and rub hot through a sieve or mince. Pour eggs, beaten with a whisk, into mashed potatoes. Stir well. Divide the whole mass into two parts. Put one part in a greased form, on top a layer of mushroom minced meat, sprinkled with bread crumbs. Blind the grate from the second part and close the pie with it. Grease the surface with an egg. Place the dish in a highly heated oven and bake the potato pie for about half an hour.
Pie with onions, eggs and mushrooms
For the test:
- 250 g flour
- an incomplete glass of warm water or milk,
- 20 g yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt,
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil or melted margarine.
- 400 g salted mushrooms,
- 40 g butter
- 1 onion
- 1-2 large eggs,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of sour cream,
- 2-3 st. spoons of boiled rice,
- chopped dill or parsley.
Before making a pie with onions, eggs and mushrooms, you need to make a dough: mix yeast with warm liquid, add salt, butter and flour, knead and put in a warm place to rise. When it comes up, roll it into a ball, then a round cake, which you put in a greased form. The flatbread should be large enough to cover the edges of the pan or pan just enough to be taller than the filling. Grease the dough with vegetable oil and lay the filling in an even layer.
For the filling, rinse the mushrooms in cold water and chop finely. Simmer together with chopped onion in oil, add sour cream, rice and chopped eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
After proving, bake the cake in the oven at medium heat for 30–35 minutes.
Pie with leeks and mushrooms
For the test:
- 2½ cups flour
- 30-40 g yeast,
- ½ glass of water
- 200 g butter or margarine,
- 1 egg,
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of cream
- 1 glass of vodka,
- 400 g leeks,
- 100 g of dill greens,
- 5 eggs,
- 100 g cream
- champignons or porcini mushrooms,
- ground pepper and salt to taste.
You need to make a pie with leeks and mushrooms in two stages: the dough and the filling. Chop leeks and dill, add hard-boiled minced eggs, finely chopped boiled or fried mushrooms, cream, season with salt and pepper.
Prepare a safe yeast dough. Open the pie with a bind of strips of dough, nicely sliced, or closed with the filling cooled down. Be sure to chop the surface of the closed pie in several places with a fork, let it rise well before baking, if desired, grease with beaten eggs. The finished pie can be greased with melted butter and served hot with broth or tea.
Transfer the finished pie to a dish, pour a little mushroom broth over the filling and serve. Before baking, the surface of the cake can be greased with an egg or hot cake, after removing it from the oven, grease with melted butter.
Puff pastry with meat and mushrooms
The foundation: Puff pastry.
- 400 g lean pork
- 300 g of mushrooms,
- 100 g grated cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2-3 peeled tomatoes,
Prepare puff pastry. You can also make a mushroom and onion puff pie using purchased dough. Grind the meat in a meat grinder, stew in fat until half cooked, lightly sprinkle with flour. Peel the mushrooms, boil for 5-10 minutes, put in a colander, chop and simmer with the meat. Finally add the grated tomatoes, cheese and chopped parsley.
Grease a square baking sheet with oil, place the prepared layer of dough on it and distribute the filling layer evenly. Cover with the remaining dough, rolling it out slightly thinner than the bottom layer.
Bake the pie in a medium-high oven.
Another layer cake with mushrooms.
- Puff pastry 2 layers
- Champignons 700 g
- Cream 200 ml
- Butter 20 g
- Egg yolk 1 pc.
- Garlic 1 clove
- Parsley several sprigs
- Salt, pepper to taste
Cut the mushrooms into 4 pieces. Chop the parsley. Peel and chop the garlic finely.
Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the mushrooms and garlic over medium heat for 15 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add cream, mix thoroughly, simmer for another 5 minutes, and then sprinkle with parsley.
Unwrap the puff pastry and place in a baking dish covered with parchment paper. Pierce the dough with a fork in several places.
Spread the mushroom filling evenly over the pie and cover the dough with a second layer, wrapping it inward.
Beat the egg yolk lightly with a few drops of water and brush over the cake.
Make a small hole with a knife in the center of the pie and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Pancake pie with mushrooms, onions and cheese
In order to make a pancake pie with mushrooms, onions and cheese, you will need to take:
- - 10-12 thin (or 7-8 thick, made from yeast dough) pancakes
- - 1 kg of mushrooms
- - 300 g cheese
- - 300-400 g onions
- - 2 eggs
- - 3 cloves of garlic
- - 120 ml of vegetable oil
- - 250 g mayonnaise
- - salt
- - pepper to taste
Cooking minced mushroom: Chop champignons and fry with onions in vegetable oil. Remove from heat, add raw eggs, grated garlic, salt, pepper and mix well.
Grease the pancakes with mayonnaise and put the mushroom mince and grated cheese in the form of a puff pie (pancake, minced mushroom, grated cheese, pancake). Coat the top of the pie with mayonnaise and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Place in a hot oven for 15 minutes (or in a microwave oven for 5-7 minutes).
Garnish with whole boiled, pickled mushrooms and herbs before serving.
Pie with mushrooms and green onions
For the test:
- - 200 g flour
- - 130 g butter
- - 1 pinch of salt
- - 1 egg yolk
- - 750 g champignons
- - 3 tbsp. tablespoons of butter
- - 150 g ham
- - 1 bunch of green onions
- - 150 g sour cream (or mayonnaise)
- - 1 tbsp. a spoonful of finely chopped parsley
- - salt
- - ground white pepper
- In order to prepare a pie with mushrooms and green onions, you need to knead the dough from the indicated ingredients and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the champignons into thick slices. 2 tbsp. Melt the tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and fry the mushrooms in it until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Chop the ham into cubes. Wash and chop the green onions.
- Heat the ham with the remaining oil in a saucepan. Add onion, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a mold with butter and put two-thirds of the dough on the bottom of the mold. Roll out the remaining dough into a thin rope and run along the edge of the mold.
- Pierce the dough with a fork in several places and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (at a temperature of 160-180 ° C).
- Mix chilled mushrooms and ham with onions with sour cream, season with salt and pepper. Remove the semi-finished dough from the oven and spread the mushroom mass on it. Bake the cake until tender for 15–20 minutes at the same temperature.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
If you sprinkle grated hard cheese 3-5 minutes before cooking, the pie will get a spicier taste.
French pie with onions and mushrooms
The ingredients for French Onion and Mushroom Pie are the following:
- Flour (premium grade) - 200 g
- Butter (for dough 125 g + for frying 2 tablespoons) - 125 g
- Vegetable oil (for dough) - 20 g
- Salt (pinch, for dough)
- Champignons (frozen) - 400 g
- Bulb onions - 2 pieces
- Egg - 3 pieces
- Cream (any fat content) - 300 ml
- Salt (to taste - a pinch)
- Black pepper (pinch)
- We make a hole in sifted flour, throw slices of soft butter into it and pour in vegetable oil. Knead the dough.
- Drown butter in a frying pan, add mushrooms. I have announced 400 grams, but more is possible - this is not for everybody. As soon as the mushrooms give water I pour, just on top, chopped onions. I close the lid and hold it until the water evaporates. Next, stir fry until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cover the shape (ideally, a diameter of 30 cm round) with dough. We prick the bottom with a fork.
- We put in the oven for 10 minutes. Until halfway through.
- Beat eggs with cream. Combine with fried mushrooms.
- Pour the omelet with mushrooms into a mold and put in the oven until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Decorate the finished pie with parsley.
- Serve hot.
Buckwheat pie with mushrooms.
- flour - 1-1.2 kg,
- warm water - 2 glasses,
- vegetable oil - 1 glass,
- yeast - 50 g,
- salt - 1 tsp;
- buckwheat (unground) - 500 g,
- dried mushrooms - 50 g,
- onions - 3 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - 100 g;
- to grease the cake before baking:
- strong tea - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l ..
Dissolve yeast in half a glass of warm water. Knead the lean yeast dough, cover with a canvas napkin, put in a warm place for fermentation, knead twice. Divide the dough in two. Roll out a layer 1 cm thick, transfer on a rolling pin to a greased baking sheet, straighten the dough, level, smooth with your hands, prick with a fork, put the buckwheat porridge filling with mushrooms in an even layer.
Prepare the filling as follows: dry the sorted buckwheat in a frying pan, pour into a clay pot, pour boiling water over, close the lid, put in a hot oven and bake the porridge red-hot, so that the porridge is "a grain from a grain."
Soak dry mushrooms for 2-4 hours in cold water, boil until tender in the same water. The readiness of the mushrooms is determined as follows: if the mushrooms have sunk to the bottom, then they have been cooked. Throw the boiled mushrooms in a colander, rinse thoroughly under running cold water, cut into noodles or chop, fry in vegetable oil. Fry the finely chopped onions separately. Combine buckwheat porridge, mushrooms, onions, season with salt, add mushroom broth strained through four layers of cheesecloth for juiciness and wrap the filling in a pie.
The "lid" for the pie should be rolled out thinner, about 0.7-0.8 cm, transferred on a rolling pin, unfolded, smoothed with your hands, carefully pinned the seam, bend it down. Chop with a fork so that steam comes out during baking, and brush with strong tea with a brush.
Bake the cake until tender at 180 ° C. After baking, grease the pie with vegetable oil, cut into portions, put on a beautiful dish and serve hot.