Recipe for cooking autumn mushrooms for the winter: how to properly cook forest mushrooms for winter storage
By the beginning of the mushroom season, each housewife begins to think about what preparations can be made from autumn mushrooms for the winter. There is a wide variety of options: drying, freezing, pickling, salting and frying. In winter, delicious mashed soups, salads, sauces and gravies, toppings for pizzas and pies are prepared from such mushrooms. This article contains the simplest step-by-step recipes for harvesting autumn mushrooms for the winter. By following them, you can be sure that the prepared snacks and dishes from them will delight you and your family all year round!
Salting autumn mushrooms for the winter: how to pickle mushrooms in a hot way
There are only two ways to pickle mushrooms: hot and cold. This option for salting autumn mushrooms for the winter is preferred by those who do not like pickled mushrooms, to which vinegar is added. The acid almost completely destroys the natural taste of mushrooms and their forest aroma. But the simple process of hot salting at home makes mushrooms with a delicious natural taste.
- Autumn mushrooms - 5 kg;
- Salt - 300 g;
- Onions - 300 g;
- Dill (seeds) - 4 tbsp. l .;
- Black and allspice pepper - 20 peas each;
- Bay leaf - 30 pcs.
To know how to properly salt autumn mushrooms for the winter, we suggest following the step-by-step instructions.
Remove debris and dirt from the mushroom caps, rinse with plenty of water and put in an enamel pan.
Pour completely with water, salt and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes, drain the water, and spread the mushrooms on a kitchen towel.
At the bottom of a large container in which honey mushrooms will be salted, lay out a part of the onion and spices cut into half rings. Put two layers of honey mushrooms on top and sprinkle them with salt, onion and spices. Repeat this until the mushrooms run out.
Cover with gauze or a cloth, turn the plate over on top and put pressure to press down on the mushrooms.
After 15 days, the mushrooms are transferred to jars, pressed down, covered with lids and refrigerated.
After 10 days they can be eaten: served on the table, as an independent dish, or as a side dish for fried potatoes. This simple option for salting autumn mushrooms for the winter will be an excellent treat for your guests even for a holiday.
Salting autumn mushrooms for the winter: how to salt mushrooms in a cold way
Salting autumn mushrooms for the winter in a cold way is another popular option among mushroom pickers.
Its plus is that it is not necessary to carry out heat treatment of a large number of mushrooms. However, the final result of the prepared product can only be tasted after 1.5-2 months. If you have patience, then in winter you will enjoy an excellent dish prepared according to this recipe.
- Honey mushrooms - 5 kg;
- Salt -150-200 g;
- Garlic - 15 cloves;
- Bay leaf - 10 pcs.;
- Dill (umbrellas) -7 pcs.;
- Black and allspice pepper - 5 peas each;
- Horseradish (root) - 1 pc.;
- Black currant leaves - 30 pcs.
How should you pickle autumn mushrooms for the winter in order to surprise household members and guests with an amazingly tasty snack?
- After the mushrooms have been cleaned and washed, they are poured over with plenty of water.
- The honey agarics are soaked for 2-3 days, while the water needs to be changed several times.
- Mushrooms are removed with a slotted spoon on a fine mesh or wire rack and allowed to drain completely.
- Put part of the leaves of currant, dill, garlic and salt in a prepared enamel container at the bottom.
- Lay out a dense layer of honey agarics, sprinkle with salt and spices, including chopped garlic and grated horseradish root.
- Cover the last layer of mushrooms and spices with gauze and put under pressure so that the mushrooms are pressed down.
- The gauze should be checked every week: if it gets moldy, it should be washed in salted hot water and put back.
After an agonizing wait (2 months), you will eat delicious crispy mushrooms with an incredible aroma. They are used as an additional ingredient in salads, pizza toppings and simply as an independent dish.
How to cook fresh autumn mushrooms for the winter with onions
It turns out that autumn mushrooms are cooked and fried for the winter.
Such a blank can look great even at a festive feast. And on any other day, you can combine it with fried potatoes and feed the whole family with lunch or dinner.
- Honey mushrooms - 2 kg;
- Onions - 700 g;
- Refined oil - 200 ml;
- Salt - 1 tbsp l .;
- Ground black pepper - 1 hour l.
How to cook fresh autumn mushrooms for the winter by frying so that you get a tasty preparation?
- The first step is to peel the mushrooms and cut off most of the stem, rinse with plenty of water.
- Put in a saucepan with boiling salted water and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and spread on a kitchen towel to drain.
- Heat a dry skillet, add mushrooms and fry until the liquid evaporates.
- Pour in 2/3 of the oil and fry until golden brown.
- In another frying pan in the remaining oil, fry the onion, cut into pieces, until soft.
- Combine mushrooms and onions, salt, sprinkle with ground pepper, stir and fry for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Distribute in dry sterile jars, pour oil from a frying pan and roll up the lids.
- If there is not enough oil, heat a new portion with added salt and pour into jars.
- After cooling completely, take out the mushrooms to the basement.
How to close autumn mushrooms for the winter, fried with bell pepper
The recipe for preparing autumn honey agarics for the winter with sweet pepper by the method of frying will appeal to all your household members. After trying this snack just once, they will ask you to cook it all the time.
- Honey mushrooms - 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 kg;
- Onions - 500 g;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Refined oil;
- Parsley greens.
How to cook forest autumn mushrooms for the winter, step-by-step instructions will show:
- We clean the mushrooms, cut off the lower part of the leg and rinse with plenty of water.
- Boil for 20-25 minutes, while removing the foam from the surface, put it in a colander to glass.
- While the mushrooms are draining, peel the onions and peppers, and then cut into cubes and strips, respectively.
- In a separate frying pan, fry the mushrooms for 20 minutes, stirring constantly so that there is no burning.
- In another pan, fry the vegetables until golden brown and add to the mushrooms.
- Salt and pepper, continue to fry for 15 minutes and add chopped parsley.
- Stir, turn off the stove and let stand for 10 minutes under a closed lid.
- We distribute in prepared jars, close with tight plastic lids, cool and take out into a cool room.
How to freeze fresh autumn mushrooms for the winter
Recently, many housewives have been using freezing of autumn mushrooms for the winter. This option for harvesting mushrooms is gaining more and more popularity, since it does not take much time. Therefore, you can often hear the following question: how to properly freeze fresh autumn mushrooms for the winter?
For this, the mushrooms must be properly prepared and cleaned. In this option, honey mushrooms cannot be wetted for freezing so that they do not get water.
- The mushrooms are cleaned with a damp kitchen sponge and the bottom of the legs is cut off.
- Distribute in a thin layer and put in the freezer, setting the maximum mode for freezing.
- After 2-2.5 hours, mushrooms are removed from the freezer, put in plastic bags of 400-600 g each and sent back to the freezer, setting the usual freezing mode.
It should be noted that mushrooms must not be re-frozen. That is why it is advised to store mushrooms in each bag in such quantity that it is enough for cooking a dish for two or more servings.
Freezing boiled autumn mushrooms for the winter
Some housewives do not risk freezing fresh mushrooms, so they use another method - freezing boiled mushrooms.
How should autumn mushrooms be prepared for the winter by freezing?
- Honey mushrooms;
- Lemon acid;
- Bay leaves and allspice.
How to properly prepare autumn mushrooms for the winter so that they do not lose their nutritional properties when defrosting?
- Honey mushrooms are cleaned of forest debris, the tips of the legs are cut off and washed in several waters.
- Boil in salted water with the addition of 2 pinches of citric acid for 20 minutes. When boiling, bay leaves and allspice can be added to add a spicy flavor to the mushrooms.
- They are thrown in a colander to drain well, and then laid out on a kitchen towel to dry out.
- Distribute directly into plastic bags, release all the air and tie. You can put mushrooms in thick layers in plastic containers and cover with a lid.
- Fold bags or containers in the freezer and leave until needed.
Recall that mushrooms do not tolerate repeated freezing, so lay out the mushrooms in portions.
The recipe for canning autumn mushrooms for the winter
How to properly marinate autumn mushrooms for the winter so that you get beautiful, tender and tasty mushrooms? This harvesting option is convenient in that practically in 24 hours the fruiting bodies will be ready for consumption.
- Honey mushrooms - 3 kg;
- Water - 1 L;
- Salt - 1.5 tbsp l .;
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Vinegar 9% - 3 tbsp l .;
- Carnation - 3 buds;
- Bay leaf - 5 pcs.
Note that preservation of autumn mushrooms for the winter takes place strictly in sterilized jars with tight plastic lids. When pickling, it is best not to use metal lids.
- Peel honey mushrooms, cut off most of the legs and boil for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the marinade: combine all the spices and herbs in water, except vinegar, and let it boil.
- Select mushrooms from water and place in boiling marinade. Boil for 20 minutes and pour vinegar in a thin stream.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, put in jars and close.
- Turn over and wrap with an old blanket, leave to cool, and then take out into a cool, dark room.
How to prepare pickled autumn mushrooms for the winter
Surely you have never tried to marinate fried mushrooms.
How to prepare autumn mushrooms for the winter in this way? Unlike other fruiting bodies, honey mushrooms tolerate culinary manipulations well and do not boil over.
- Honey mushrooms - 2 kg;
- Refined oil - 100 ml.
For the marinade:
- Salt - ½ tbsp. l .;
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp. l.
- Water -600 ml.
This option is quite simple, so even a novice hostess will know how to close autumn mushrooms for the winter.
- After cleaning, the mushrooms are boiled in water for 15 minutes and removed in a colander.
- After draining, they are sent to the pan for frying. Fried in oil until golden brown.
- Prepare the marinade: salt, sugar and vinegar are combined in hot water, allowed to boil.
- Fried mushrooms are picked out of the pan with a slotted spoon, so that there is less oil, and introduced into the marinade.
- Boil for 15 minutes over low heat and put in jars.
- Cover with plastic lids, allow to cool and refrigerate.
How to dry autumn mushrooms for the winter
There are many recipes for preparing autumn mushrooms for the winter, but the most natural is drying.
It was used in Ancient Russia by our great-grandmothers, but even today it has not lost its relevance. However, in the modern world, there is a wonderful helper for housewives - an electric dryer.
The main ingredient required for drying is fresh, healthy and clean mushrooms.
How to properly dry autumn mushrooms for the winter using an electric dryer?
- With a damp kitchen sponge, we clean the fruit bodies from forest debris and cut off most of the leg.
- We lay out on the grates of the dryer in a thin layer and turn on the maximum power mode of the device for 1-1.5 hours.
- During this time, we swap the upper and lower grilles a couple of times.
- After the allotted time, reduce the power and dry the mushrooms for 1 hour. To do this, pour them onto the upper wire rack.
- We take out the mushrooms from the dryer, let them cool and pour them into dry glass jars only when cold. You can also store dried mushrooms in a paper bag.
There is another way to store dried mushrooms, which few know about: put mushrooms in a dry food container and put them in the freezer. This option will help protect dried fruit bodies from the appearance of moths.